Scantron DesignExpert software is a versatile tool that allows you to design scannable forms for both OMR (optical mark recognition) and image-based forms processing applications. Scantron DesignExpert allows you to:
- Design cut sheets, continuous forms, multi-part forms, and booklets
- Reduce design time and speed up the approval process
- Make changes in minutes
- Save on composition costs
- Pentium® Processor (2.5 GHz, 64-bit)
- 2 GB RAM
- 15 GB Free Disk Space
- Super VGA Monitor (1024 x 768 min)
- PostScript® or PostScript-compatible laser printer; duplex preferred
Microsoft Operating System
All Windows hot fixes for the service pack must be installed.
- Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Recommend Open Type® and True Type® fonts for designs printed by Scantron or on a PostScript laser printer.
- Adobe® Type 1 fonts are recommended for designs printed on a PostScript laser printer only.
Requires USB 2.0 connection
- iNSIGHT 4 & 4ES
- OpScan 4 & 4ES
- iNSIGHT 20/20+ & 30
- OpScan 6 & 8
- 5000i, iNSIGHT 70, iNSIGHT 150
Scantron Stock Forms:
- 103188 (6×5 spacing with timing marks)
- 265914 (6×6 spacing with timing marks)
- 347302 (Plain paper, no timing marks)
- Only one instance of Scantron DesignExpert can run on a PC at one time. (Fast User Switching is not supported.)
- An Internet connection and web browser is required for accessing product registration, support information, and product updates. It is not required for product operation except for accessing online help.
- To install or uninstall the software you must have Administrator Rights and the proper computer hardware and operating system. If you attempt to install the software on an unsupported operating system, you may receive an error message and may be unable to complete the installation process.
- Compatible with Microsoft Office 2013 drivers for Access and Excel for the MergePrint option.
- To assist with the scanning process, Scantron DesignExpert will export application files and edit profiles compatible with ScanTools Plus version 6.0 (or later).
Scantron DesignExpert, Scantron and the logo are trademarks or registered trademarks, in the U.S. and/or other countries, of Scantron Corporation. Microsoft, Windows, OpenType, TrueType are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation and/or Adobe. Pentium is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation.
Watch High-Precision Printing in Action
Watch this video to explore the high-tech world of scannable form printing.