Scantron DesignExpert software is a versatile tool that allows you to design scannable forms for both OMR (optical mark recognition) and image-based forms processing applications. Scantron DesignExpert allows you to:
- Design cut sheets, continuous forms, multi-part forms, and booklets
- Reduce design time and speed up the approval process
- Make changes in minutes
- Save on composition costs
- Minimum 2.5 GHz, 64-bit processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 15 GB Free Disk Space
Microsoft Operating System
All Windows updates must be installed.
- Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)
- Recommend Open Type® or True Type® fonts that contain PostScript® information.
Requires USB 2.0 connection
- Currently Manufactured Units:
- iNSIGHT™ 4ES
- OpScan® 4ES
- OpScan 16®
- iNSIGHT™ 150, 700c, & 1500c
- Previously Manufactured Units:
- iNSIGHT™ 20, 20+ & 30 Series
- OpScan® & iNSIGHT™ 2, 3, 4 Series
- OpScan® 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, and 21 Series
- 5000i & iNSIGHT™ 70
(for local printing on stock forms)
- Laser printer (color and black & white)
- Duplex printing, in a single pass, requires a duplex printer.
- Recommend a printer that is capable of printing within 5mm to the edge of a document.
Scantron Stock Forms:
- 103188 (6×5 spacing with timing marks)
- 265914 (6×6 spacing with timing marks)
- 347302 (Plain paper, 24#, 84 bright, no timing marks)
- Scantron DesignExpert files version 5.3 or greater are compatible with Scantron DesignExpert v6.2
- Only one instance of Scantron DesignExpert can run on a PC at one time. (Fast User Switching is not supported.)
- To assist with the scanning process, Scantron DesignExpert will export application files and edit profiles compatible with ScanTools® Plus version 6.0 (or later). These ScanTools® Plus files can be migrated to ScanTools® Prisma.
Scantron DesignExpert, Scantron and the logo are trademarks or registered trademarks, in the U.S. and/or other countries, of Scantron Corporation. Microsoft, Windows, OpenType, TrueType are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation and/or Adobe. Pentium is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation.
Watch High-Precision Printing in Action
Watch this video to explore the high-tech world of scannable form printing.