- ParScore, ParTest, and ParTest Online are UAC compliant.
- You must have Administrative Rights to install or uninstall ParScore, ParTest, or ParTest Online.
- You can only run one instance of ParScore or ParTest at one time. Fast User Switching is not supported in ParScore or ParTest.
- ParScore and ParTest are both supported in virtualized environments.
- You can migrate ParScore courses from ParScore v 184.108.40.206 and higher.
- Scantron provides migration services for converting existing custom printed forms from prior ParScore versions.
- When upgrading a workstation license to a 5-user license, you can only migrate five (5) named users. If you need to migrate more than 5 users, we recommend the ParScore Unlimited license.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer users must allow pop-ups and click Allow blocked content when opening help.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer users must click Allow Blocked Content when opening ParScore Help.
- Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 must be installed.
You must have installed the latest Scantron Scanner Utilities for the scanner configured for ParScore. ParScore 7.x and 8.x supports USB 2.0 scanner connections and the following Scantron scanners:
- iNSIGHT 20 Plus
- iNSIGHT 4 & 4ES
- OpScan 4, 4ES, 6, & 8
Please Note: Depending upon the customer environment, concurrent network scanning may cause a performance degradation during peak processing times.
Please visit the Scantron Store for compatible ParSystem forms. Contact your Scantron sales representative for custom form options.
Performance and Data Size
- SQL Server requires at least 4 GB of memory and it should be increased as the database size increases. This will help ensure optimal performance.
- Running SQL Server on a virtual machine will be slower due to overhead virtualization.
- Fast User Switching is not supported.
- Only one instance of ParScore can run on a PC at one time.
- Only one data file (.ACCDB) can be migrated from ParScore v7.31100 to ParScore v8.x.
- For a complete list of ParScore Character and Record Limits, visit the ParScore Online Help.
- ParTest is a 32-bit application.
- Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 (32-bit) must be installed.
- Only one instance of ParTest can run on a PC at one time.
- ParTest is supported in a virtualized server environments however performance may be impacted.
- Fast User Switching is not supported in ParTest.
- When upgrading a workstation license to a 5-user license, only five (5) named users are able to migrate. If there are more than 5-users, the ParTest Unlimited license is required.
- ParTest Online (PTOL) is a 32-bit application.
- Scantron recommends using a dedicated server for ParTest Online.
- Before installing ParTest Online, Internet Information Services (IIS) must be setup, configured and websites created.
Note: In Advanced settings of the IIS app pool, set Enable 32-bit applications setting to True.
- ParTest Online, including browser access, is supported in virtualized server environments.
- Chromebooks can be used with ParTest Online however there is no capability for a secured testing environment in Safe Exam Browser.