- ParScore, ParTest, and ParTest Online are UAC compliant.
- You must have Administrative Rights to install or uninstall ParScore, ParTest, or ParTest Online.
- You can only run one instance of ParScore or ParTest at one time. Fast User Switching is not supported in ParScore or ParTest.
- ParScore and ParTest are both supported in virtualized environments.
- You can migrate ParScore courses from ParScore v 18.104.22.168 and higher.
- Scantron provides migration services for converting existing custom printed forms from prior ParScore versions.
- When upgrading a workstation license to a 5-user license, you can only migrate five (5) named users. If you need to migrate more than 5 users, we recommend the ParScore Unlimited license.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer users must allow pop-ups and click Allow blocked content when opening help.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer users must click Allow Blocked Content when opening ParScore Help.
You must have installed the latest Scantron Scanner Utilities for the scanner configured for ParScore. ParScore 7.3 supports USB 2.0 scanner connections and the following Scantron scanners:
- iNSIGHT 20 Plus
- iNSIGHT 4 & 4ES
- OpScan 4, 4ES, 6, & 8
Please Note: Depending upon the customer environment, concurrent network scanning may cause a performance degradation during peak processing times.
Please visit the Scantron Store for compatible ParSystem forms. Contact your Scantron sales representative for custom form options.
Performance and Data Size
- SQL Server requires at least 4 GB of memory and it should be increased as the database size increases. This will help ensure optimal performance.
- Running SQL Server on a virtual machine will be slower due to overhead virtualization.
- Fast User Switching is not supported.
- Only one instance of ParScore can run on a PC at one time.
- Only one data file (.ACCDB) can be migrated from ParScore v7.31100 to ParScore v8.0.
- For a complete list of ParScore Character and Record Limits, visit the ParScore Online Help.
- Item banks from ParTest v22.214.171.124 can be migrated to ParTest v7 and higher.
- ParTest Online is limited to 100 concurrent users, including administrators.
- ParTest Online, including browser access, is supported in virtualized server environments.
ParTest Online Installation Notes
- Scantron recommends using a dedicated server for ParTest Online. If this is not possible, please notify Scantron about any preinstalled software to ensure a smooth installation process.
- Before installing ParTest Online, ensure Internet Information Services (IIS) is set up and configured. (Note: In Advanced settings of the IIS app pool, ensure Enable 32-bit applications is set to True.)
- Before installing ParTest Online, create any supporting websites.