Deliver the right exams to the right participants, automatically. EvaExam is an assessment system that allows you to design, deliver and capture exams, retain historical data, and re-use test items. It supports both online and paper-based testing. Because exams can be reused or based on shared question libraries, you get a more consistent testing approach. Role-based administration ensures test security, while still supporting collaboration for courses taught by multiple instructors.
EvaExam supports the following item types:
- Multiple choice (single or multiple response, including KPRIM support)
- Open response
- Gridded response (for handwriting recognition)
Scoring is easier
As you create questions individually for tests or to be included in a question library, you can supply correct answers to support automated grading (for all types except open response). For open response questions, you can provide scoring guidelines. You can add explanations and references to support practice exams and improve student achievement. In addition, you can also set a score threshold to automatically identify results as pass/ no pass. And, you can set time limits on tests that automatically close learning progress checks and see results immediately.
Request an EvaExam for Higher Education Demo
Scantron’s ParSystem® is a standards-based test management and delivery solution you can use to administer end-of-course and licensure practice exams in your program. ParSystem takes the manual work out of creating and scoring tests, transferring scores to your gradebook, and preparing reports. ParSystem offers both online and paper testing to match your technology readiness, plus a wide variety of reports you can use to gauge student progress and adjust instruction.
With ParSystem, you can:
- Create item banks with up to 5000 questions in various formats using ParTest
- Group questions by objective and keywords
- Set up answer keys, grading scales, and learning objectives so you can automatically score tests.
- Connect individual test items to crucial accreditation or certification standards, such as Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) standards or National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) nursing certifications.
- Deliver tests online using ParTest Online
- Score online and paper based tests quickly and easily using ParScore
- Export grades for easy transfer to your gradebook (including Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard, and many more).
- Prepare one or more of up to 30 built-in graphical reports—you can even schedule reports to run automatically when you need them:
- Test results
- Grading criteria
- Item Analysis
- Progress reports
- Student profiles
- Test blueprints
- And much more
Accurately and efficiently measure the successes of your college or technical program students
ParSystem’s three modules work together to help you create, administer, and score tests on paper and online:
- ParTest stores and creates item banks and tests print paper forms for traditional test administration
- ParTest Online adds online test delivery for your existing ParTest exams
- ParScore scans and scores paper tests, stores results from online tests, and provides a wide variety of reports
“Scantron’s solution not only helped increase our board pass rates, but it saves our instructors time by eliminating manual test preparation. It also helps the instructors assess each student’s individual strengths and weaknesses. I would recommend ParSystem and Scantron to other schools of nursing that want help preparing nursing students for state board exams.”
“ParScore allows us to make better test questions. Now, we can create tests with questions that challenge the students. If too many students miss a question, we know that the question was either poorly written, too difficult, or the material was not covered in class. Having easy access to the data allows us more time to determine what factors are affecting the students and then make improvements.”
“Before adopting [ParSystem], we were using tests with questions that were written by instructors and taken by students manually. The problem was not with the teachers or the students, it was with the tests. We had no way to determine reliability or validity of test questions. Therefore, we were not able to determine which questions were good and which were not. We needed a solution that would help us increase board pass rates, fast. In one year our board pass rates jumped from 65 to 96 percent, and the next year the scores jumped to an amazing 100 percent pass rate. To me, ParSystem’s effectiveness is proven through the numbers.”
“ParScore was able to quickly analyze the scores, which enabled us to get immediate feedback of how we did in meeting our objectives. We were able to share that information with other members of our department, discuss the results and then plan for future assessment. The amount of time saved cannot be overstated.”
“ParScore enabled Saddleback College to automate the testing process with ease, and it allows instructors and staff to view their results instantly. ParScore has saved us many labor-intensive hours of manual statistical calculations for student responses on tests. Users appreciate the number of hours they save grading and analyzing tests.”