School-Sized Assessment Solutions
Computer-Adaptive School-Size | Test Less, Know More
With a focus on reducing overall testing time, Scantron’s computer-adaptive solution provides a single test to measure core skills that you can use in your school for multiple purposes, including:
- Identify core subject benchmarks: measure student attainment of foundational skills, independent of grade level.
- Personalized learning/individualized instruction: adjust instruction based on student learning objectives uncovered by assessment results.
- Growth measurement: compare two scores on a similar test given multiple times a year so you can easily see student progress.
- Universal screening: identify students who may require additional instructional intervention and follow that cohort’s progress using performance bands and customizable student groups.
- Standards tracking: examine student results in light of your school’s chosen standards document(s) so you can adjust instruction and report progress to your district without additional work.
Fixed-Form Testing | Assess Core Subjects and More
Scantron’s fixed-form testing solution supports all your subjects in one convenient place. The platform provides fixed-form, highly targeted tests, delivering common content administered using a variety of methods: mobile, online, or on paper. Our content-neutral structure enables you to include items on any subject from nearly any source:
- Answer key only scoring from tests and quizzes supplied by your textbook publishers
- School-created items
- Purchased item banks from Scantron or a selection of other assessment providers
A Blended Solution
Educators know that understanding the whole student requires many components—testing, observation, performance-based tasks, student-created artifacts, and more. The combination of all of these components is needed to measure students across all of the hierarchical levels of a cognitive domain.
Even with technological advances, many of the tasks at the highest end of any cognitive domain are best measured through student-created material. Further, some content areas are better able to leverage computer-adaptive technology than others.
The end result is the need for a robust solution that includes computer-adaptive tests, fixed-form tests, and rubric-based assessment. Scantron’s testing solutions support measuring and understanding the whole student.
By combining the solutions you can:
- Track student attainment of skills over time
The computer-adaptive assessment provides an ongoing measurement of where your students are on the learning continuum using criterion- and norm-referenced computer-adaptive assessment in Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, and Comprehensive Science. These assessments deliver reliable scaled scores and statistically valid results that accurately map a student’s position on the continuum.
- Demonstrate grade-level proficiency
The fixed-form, highly targeted tests, deliver common content that tracks and analyzes performance on specific skills and objectives at a specific level of expectation. Instead of trying to measure a student’s overall learning and growth, these tests measure proficiency at a specific point in time for each grade level, such as the end of a unit, learning module, or term.
The real power of Scantron’s school-sized assessment solution comes from the unified system that enables you to blend both types of tests to measure the whole student.
Request a Demo of Achievement Series or Performance Series
Scantron also offers software-based classroom testing solutions for organizations who need broader functionality and deployment:
Our Get Results package combines the standalone power of Scantron Score™ with the reporting capabilities of Remark® Classroom Edition™ to provide an affordable, shared classroom solution that provides results, not just scores.
Remark Classic OMR® provides an efficient, cost-effective tool to help you quickly process tests and basic surveys, and generate a variety of powerful reports.
Order Forms from the Scantron Store