Remark software converts paper tests and survey responses into usable data. Remark’s robust recognition engine reads most common Scantron forms—scanned using Scantron OMR and imaging scanners—and transforms marks into usable data. Other scanners see forms only in black and white.
Scantron OMR scanners use 256 shades of grey to distinguish between dark marks and lighter ones, so your results are immediately accurate—no manual data entry correction is required. Remark’s Automation Wizard sets up standard tasks to run automatically, such as scanning, running reports, and exporting or emailing results. Grade Wizard guides you through grading tests, where you can set point values, respondent ID fields, subjective fields, grade scales and specify subtests.
Remark is compatible with Scantron iNSIGHT™ and OpScan® scanners and Scantron Score™ test scoring machine.
Any computer running Remark Classic OMR must meet the following specifications:
- Personal computer with 2 GHz or faster processor
- Windows 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 GB free fixed disk space
- Screen/monitor resolution of 1024×768 or higher and at least 32-bit color
- Mouse or other pointing device
- Supported OMR scanner
- Windows-supported printer
- PDF viewer required to view installed documentation
- Microphone for speech recognition
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 or greater can be used for email functionality
“Scantron’s solution is easily scalable. The number of spellers changes every year. As we add more spellers, we know we’ll be able to use Scantron and maintain our speed. Being able to administer the test to all the spellers at once really freed us up—we went from about 4 hours [using our previous solution] down to 40 minutes…that turned it into more of an event.”