Need to demonstrate grade-level proficiency?
New accountability models should include identifying specific progress through grade‑level standards. An effective assessment strategy also includes tests that measure proficiency at a specific point in time for each grade level, such as the end of each unit or learning module or at the end of a term.
These types of assessments are ideally suited to fixed-form tests. Instead of trying to measure a student’s overall learning and growth, these assessments track and analyze performance on specific skills and objectives at a specific level of expectation.
Use Ascensus Target to deliver interim district-wide assessments, practice exams for high-stakes standardized tests, CTE certification programs, and much more.
Ascensus Target provides a robust set of reports designed to draw a straight line between your specified educational standards and your students’ academic progress. Additional instructional resources deliver targeted practice tests and study guides to help create individualized learning for every student.
Your Students, Your Content
Scantron’s content-neutral format enables you to incorporate content from a wide variety of sources, including using our standards-based item banks, importing items from textbook developers, creating your own custom items, and much more.
Features & Benefits
|Web-Based, Modern Approach||
Use any content or item you like, because that’s how it should be.
|Aligned with Standards||
|Multiple Delivery Methods||
How It Works
Step 1: Purchase Item Banks or Build Your Own
Ascensus Target allows districts to develop an unlimited number of item banks for test generation by:
- Creating custom-tailored true/false, multiple choice, multiple response, short response, gridded response, and extended response items
- Using Achievement Series to automatically select items for you based on particular educational standards
- Collaborating on item development by sharing items with other districts
- Using high-quality commercial item banks already aligned to educational standards
- Publishing question banks from ExamView® Test Generator
- Tracking cumulative statistics and storing items in one centralized location
STEP 2: Develop Tests
Create shared and reusable tests by:
- Using content from professional or self-created item banks
- Basing a test on a simple answer key using already-printed test booklets
- Publishing tests from ExamView® Test Generator
STEP 3: Administer Tests
Mix and match paper-based and online delivery methods to meet the needs of individual district schools and classrooms by:
- Delivering tests online from an internet enabled device – PC, Mac, iPad, Kindle, Chromebook, (Android is coming soon)
- Using a cost-effective solution such as off-the-shelf imaging scanners and printing customized forms on regular plain paper
- Using Scantron® durable Optical Mark Reader scanners and traditional standard forms to mirror high-stakes tests
STEP 4: View Reports
Access real-time results to better inform instruction for immediate student impact by:
- Viewing online reports right after an online test is taken or forms are scanned
- Accessing standards-based reports for an individual student, class, school, district and more
- Analyzing data by subgroups and demographics
- Identifying specific student needs and strengths to adjust learning
- Connecting to a variety of instructional resources provided by our alliances