As a school administrator, you know you need diagnostics and benchmark testing data to make effective educational decisions. Your teachers need the feedback to adjust instruction, and parents need the reassurance of understandable results to track their children’s progress.
But how can you accomplish this for your school with limited IT resources? Scantron's web-based school-size solutions can help.
Performance Series: Test Less, But Know More
One of the biggest complaints that many parents, teachers, and administrators have today is “too much testing!” These stakeholders express strong concern that as new standards are adopted, testing will increase even further.
Scantron's computer-adaptive solution, Performance Series School-Size, provides a single test to measure core skills that you can use in your school for multiple purposes, including:
- Identify core subject benchmarks: measure student attainment of foundational skills, independent of grade level.
- Personalized learning/individualized instruction: adjust instruction based on student learning objectives uncovered by assessment results.
- Growth measurement: compare two scores on a similar test given multiple times a year so you can easily see student progress.
- Universal screening: identify students who may require additional instructional intervention and follow that cohort's progress using performance bands and customizable student groups.
- Standards tracking: examine student results in light of your schools' chosen standards document(s) so you can adjust instruction and report progress to your district without additional work.
See the Performance Series School-Size Solution brochure for specific details about what's included.
Learn more about Performance Series.
Achievement Series: Assess Core Subjects—and More!
Your school provides a wealth of instruction to your students—can your assessment solution support all your subjects in one convenient place? Achievement Series School-size can!
Achievement Series supports fixed-form, highly targeted tests, delivering common content administered using a variety of methods: mobile, online, or on paper. Our content-neutral structure enables you to include items on any subject from nearly any source:
- Answer key only scoring from tests and quizzes supplied by your textbook publishers
- School-created items
- Purchased item banks from Scantron or a selection of other assessment providers
See the Achievement Series School-Size Solution brochure for specific details about what's included.
Learn more about Achievement Series.
Combine the Two for a Blended Solution
Educators know that understanding the whole student requires many components—testing, observation, performance-based tasks, student-created artifacts, and more. The combination of all of these components is needed to measure students across all of the hierarchical levels of a cognitive domain.
Even with technological advances, many of the tasks at the highest end of any cognitive domain are best measured through student-created material. Further, some content areas are better able to leverage computer-adaptive technology than others.
The end result is the need for a robust solution that includes computer-adaptive tests, fixed-form tests, and rubric-based assessment. Scantron’s testing solutions support your goals around measuring and understanding the whole student.
By combining the solutions you can:
- Track student attainment of skills over time
Performance Series provides an ongoing measurement of where your students are on the learning continuum using criterion- and norm-referenced computer-adaptive assessment in Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, and Life Science and Inquiry. Rigorously created by our Content and Research group, these assessments deliver reliable scaled scores and statistically valid results that accurately map a student’s position on the continuum.
- Demonstrate grade-level proficiency
Achievement Series supports fixed-form, highly targeted tests, delivering common content that tracks and analyzes performance on specific skills and objectives at a specific level of expectation. Instead of trying to measure a student’s overall learning and growth, these tests measure proficiency at a specific point in time for each grade level, such as the end of each unit or learning module or at the end of a term.
The real power of Scantron’s school-sized assessment solution comes from the unified system that enables you to blend both types of tests into a cohesive effort, measuring the whole student.