In managing equipment, you answer to many regulatory agencies. Each has guidelines and regulations regarding equipment safety. Each can audit your safety inspection data and require regular reporting to ensure compliance. Collecting this information can be difficult: not everyone has a computer or a tablet to perform direct data entry. Access and training to use new software is expensive and time-consuming. Sometimes, paper is the most effective and convenient way to actually collect data—you need a solution that fits your workplace.
- Inspect vehicles or other equipment for evidence of abuse, damage, or mechanical malfunction.
- Inspect vehicles or equipment to ensure compliance with rules, standards, or regulations.
- Examine transportation vehicles, equipment, or systems to detect damage, wear, or malfunction.
- Conduct equipment tests, using diagnostic equipment.
- Inspect repairs to transportation vehicles or equipment to ensure that repair work was performed properly.
- Prepare reports on investigations or inspections and actions taken.
- Issue notices and recommend corrective actions when infractions or problems are found.
- Investigate complaints regarding safety violations.
- Examine carrier operating rules, employee qualification guidelines, or carrier training and testing programs for compliance with regulations or safety standards.
- Investigate and make recommendations on carrier requests for waiver of federal standards.
The Scantron® Solution
SafetyCapture® is a system that scans paper forms, including check boxes, barcodes, and handprint areas, turning that information into onscreen data you can view and use easily. You can use your existing desktop scanners or purchase dedicated scanners from Scantron. You can print your own forms or have Scantron print them for you. Transit Inspection, powered by SafetyCapture, adds predefined forms created especially for transit needs:
- Train, cab, and coach pre- and post-trip inspection forms
- Bus pre- and post-trip inspection forms
- Train repair orders
- Bus repair orders
- Rail inspection forms
You can use these forms as-is or as a starting point to design your own custom forms. Each Transit Inspection solution is designed to fit your workflow and needs.
Get Results that Keep Your Company Moving
Transit Inspection uses a technology everyone’s already familiar with: pen and paper. Inspectors simply fill out a paper form, then drop it off at a central location for scanning. A staff member scans the forms, and the data is ready to use. Depending on which solution you choose, your data can be seamlessly transferred to your tracking system for further analysis or you can view reports right in your SafetyCapture Transit Inspection solution.