"[This] is an excellent tool for our school! It helps us make data-driven decisions, which benefit all learners, regardless of performance level."
Amanda Davis, Curriculum Coach, Fort Payne Middle School
"By using Performance Series, we've gained back eight full days of instructional time—and we have the student score reports and instructional resources immediately…"
, Superintendent of Secondary Education
"It helps teachers dramatically focus their efforts…the instruction the next day can be based on [reports from yesterday’s test]…"
Jason Anderson, Executive Director of Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment and Innovation, Frederick County Public Schools, MD
"We have used the Performance Series assessment for ten years at Valley Oak and we find it a very useful tool for identifying specific standards that have not yet been mastered."
Laura Fulmer, Director, Valley Oak Charter
“Performance Series questions went beyond grade-level standards. This…opened the curiosity door and allowed [students] to search the depths of their knowledge.”
Meighan Lewis, Teacher, Munford High School
"Scantron has provided the tools needed to validate student learning and support teacher decisions to move students to the next Performance Level when they are ready."
Dr. Oliver Grenham, Chief Education Officer, Adams County School District 50
"Scantron delivered not only a superior product but also a superior system of delivery, support, flexibility, and technical assistance."
Sherrill Parris, Deputy State Superintendent Alabama State Department of Education
"Performance Series and Achievement Series' analysis tools and reports enable teachers to use their assessment results to effectively drive instruction."
Steve Robinson, Vice –Principal Liberty High School (Literacy First Charter School)
Performance Series®, Scantron’s computer-adaptive diagnostic testing solution, provides educators with instant test results, personalized to each student, that ensure correct overall student placement. Administered over time, these tests provide a longitudinal view of student growth in core curriculum areas (English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Science).
NEED A FASTER TEST? TRY PS EXPRESS TODAY!
Scantron now offers a shorter, 25-question version of our popular Performance Series test. Faster testing, faster results, faster student impact. Contact your Scantron representative to discover whether PS Express is right for your testing needs.
AVAILABLE SUBJECT AREAS
- Scaled Scores
- National Percentile Ranking
- Normal Curve Equivalents
- Grade Level Estimate
- Performance Band Rating
- Reading Rate
- Lexile® Measure for Reading (see Instructional Resources: The Lexile Measure for Reading for details)
1 + 1 = 2
Scantron's two-part solution combines this research-based, content-rich computer adaptive test known as Performance Series and a content-neutral, highly flexible testing product known as Achievement Series. Educators love using this combination to develop and administer online and paper-based tests. It’s the complete package.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Tests automatically adjust to each student’s proficiencies in multiple subjects, leading to less time testing and more time learning
- Results are valid and reliable "scaled scores" that can be used to measure academic growth over time
- Teachers can create an individualized learning plan for each student based on his or her particular needs
- Scantron's unique Suggested Learning Objectives organize skills and concepts by ability level, according to the Performance Series Scaled Score
- Aligned with State, Common Core, and College & Career Readiness standards, these skills and concepts guide holistic instruction by identifying next steps for the teacher, student, and parent
||Performance Series gives an accurate portrait of each student's instructional level over a wide breadth of knowledge
- Track individual student, school, and even district-wide progress over time
- Compare performance scores through the Scaled Score, Standards Item Pool Score, National Percentile Ranking, and an optional Lexile® Reading Score
- Develop custom learning plans for each student with just a few clicks, based on State, Common Core, and College & Career Readiness standards
- View reports as soon as test is submitted online or form is scanned
- Aggregate and disaggregate data by selected criteria
- Access standards-based reports on an individual student, class, school, or district for state and federal reporting purposes
||24-hour access to data from any computer with Internet access and from many mobile devices
We think about the next generation of assessment a lot. Read about the framework we've developed so you can evaluate how to best incorporate next-generation items and tests into your assessment strategy.