- How It Works
- State Approvals
Today’s assessments fueling tomorrow’s dreams
Scantron reimagines K-12 testing with Ascensus,
a modern approach to digital assessment
designed for the era of ESSA
Ascensus includes innovative item types, interactive student tools, accommodations for students with special needs, collaborative test development, modernized item banking, and increased test security options. Ascensus combines digital capabilities with proven, research-based measures of growth and skills for a solution capable of meeting the needs of schools and districts across the country.
Learn more about Ascensus
“I love the way Scantron Performance Series establishes a learning path that can be easily tracked throughout the school year by measuring academic gains, not a “one and done” test score.”
Faye Sheppard, Principal, Robertsdale Elementary School, AL
"[This] is an excellent tool for our school! It helps us make data-driven decisions, which benefit all learners, regardless of performance level."
Amanda Davis, Curriculum Coach, Fort Payne Middle School
"By using Performance Series, we've gained back eight full days of instructional time—and we have the student score reports and instructional resources immediately…"
, Superintendent of Secondary Education
"When students see success, it eliminates many negative performance issues. Personalized learning based on their assessment results meets them where they are and gets them where they should be so they can see that success."
Dr. Cederick Ellis, Superintendent McComb Schools District (MS)
"These benchmarks provide a collective pulse for students that categorize where they are and where they should be in the Spring to show they’re having growth and success in the school year"
Dr. Janet Womack, District Superintendent, Florence City Schools AL
"It helps teachers dramatically focus their efforts…the instruction the next day can be based on [reports from yesterday’s test]…"
Jason Anderson, Executive Director of Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment and Innovation, Frederick County Public Schools, MD
"We have used the Performance Series assessment for ten years at Valley Oak and we find it a very useful tool for identifying specific standards that have not yet been mastered."
Laura Fulmer, Director, Valley Oak Charter
“Performance Series questions went beyond grade-level standards. This…opened the curiosity door and allowed [students] to search the depths of their knowledge.”
Meighan Lewis, Teacher, Munford High School
"Scantron has provided the tools needed to validate student learning and support teacher decisions to move students to the next Performance Level when they are ready."
Dr. Oliver Grenham, Chief Education Officer, Adams County School District 50
"Scantron delivered not only a superior product but also a superior system of delivery, support, flexibility, and technical assistance."
Sherrill Parris, Deputy State Superintendent Alabama State Department of Education
"Performance Series and Achievement Series' analysis tools and reports enable teachers to use their assessment results to effectively drive instruction."
Steve Robinson, Vice –Principal Liberty High School (Literacy First Charter School)
Performance Series®, Scantron’s computer-adaptive diagnostic testing solution, provides educators with instant test results, personalized to each student, that ensure correct overall student placement. Administered over time, these tests provide a longitudinal view of student growth in core curriculum areas (English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Science).
NEED A FASTER TEST? TRY PS EXPRESS TODAY!
Scantron now offers a shorter, 25-question version of our popular Performance Series test. Faster testing, faster results, faster student impact. Contact your Scantron representative to discover whether PS Express is right for your testing needs.
AVAILABLE SUBJECT AREAS
- Scaled Scores
- National Percentile Ranking
- Normal Curve Equivalents
- Grade Level Estimate
- Performance Band Rating
- Reading Rate
- Lexile® Measure for Reading (see Instructional Resources: The Lexile Measure for Reading for details)
1 + 1 = 2
Scantron's two-part solution combines this research-based, content-rich computer adaptive test known as Performance Series and a content-neutral, highly flexible testing product known as Achievement Series. Educators love using this combination to develop and administer online and paper-based tests. It’s the complete package.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Tests automatically adjust to each student’s proficiencies in multiple subjects, leading to less time testing and more time learning
- Results are valid and reliable "scaled scores" that can be used to measure academic growth over time
- Teachers can create an individualized learning plan for each student based on his or her particular needs
- Scantron's unique Suggested Learning Objectives organize skills and concepts by ability level, according to the Performance Series Scaled Score
- Aligned with State, Common Core, and College & Career Readiness standards, these skills and concepts guide holistic instruction by identifying next steps for the teacher, student, and parent
||Performance Series gives an accurate portrait of each student's instructional level over a wide breadth of knowledge
- Track individual student, school, and even district-wide progress over time
- Compare performance scores through the Scaled Score, Standards Item Pool Score, National Percentile Ranking, and an optional Lexile® Reading Score
- Develop custom learning plans for each student with just a few clicks, based on State, Common Core, and College & Career Readiness standards
- View reports as soon as test is submitted online or form is scanned
- Aggregate and disaggregate data by selected criteria
- Access standards-based reports on an individual student, class, school, or district for state and federal reporting purposes
||24-hour access to data from any computer with Internet access and from many mobile devices
Sample Test Item
Test items appear in an easy-to-use window—some items include audio support.
Student profiles provide a complete picture of student growth and statistics in a subject area.
Gains Analysis reports show current growth against selected growth target, disaggregated according to various criteria (this example shows Groups).
Student Gains Analysis
Student Gains Analysis reports show current growth against growth target for each student.
Suggested Learning Objectives
Suggested Learning Objectives provide a roadmap for continued student growth, with links to additional instructional resources for each skill.
Wondering when to transition K–2 readers from Performance Series Reading Foundations to Reading? Read this predictive validity study by our psychometric experts to find out!
Read the article