Performance Series®, Scantron’s computer-adaptive diagnostic testing solution, provides educators with instant test results, personalized to each student, that ensure correct overall student placement at, above, or below grade level. Administered online over various devices, these individualized tests provide a longitudinal view of student growth across semesters or years in core curriculum areas (English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Science).
- No test creation needed—all tests and items are predefined and backed by decades of research and a rigorous development process designed and implemented by Scantron’s content experts.
- We maintain the tests continuously, adding new items, removing stale content, and aligning items to evolving state and other educational standards.
- Results provide multiple scores for individual placement and learning targets, class grouping, and program evaluations, including national norm comparisons, national percentile ranking, Lexile® measures on Reading tests, and much more
- Limited setup necessary—once student data is imported, students simply log in from an internet enabled device (PC, Mac, iPad, Kindle, Chromebook, with Android coming soon), select the subject area, and begin testing.
- Express form testing available; ask your representative
REACH MORE STUDENTS
With Performance Series, students take individualized tests that automatically adjust to each student's ability level. Struggling students are supported with questions they can answer, reducing their frustration. High-achieving students are challenged with more difficult items, increasing their engagement. The result is a more accurate understanding of student knowledge across the classroom.
RESULTS FOR EVERYONE
With Performance Series, you get much more than a single score. Teachers, committees, administrators, students, and parents all see results that help answer their questions.
- Class performance by skill is available to help teachers create targeted learning groups
- Average growth by custom group is available to assist in program evaluation
- Trends across years and percentile rank provide parents the view they need to understand how their student is performing against his or her past performance and against their national peers
Performance Series offers extensive reporting so you can get the most out of your scores:
- Student and Parent reports cover growth trends, specific scores, and skills that need additional focus, in both English and Spanish
- Teacher reports show class and student profiles, with skills directly connected to instructional resources, showing current performance and gains analysis data
- Administrative reports summarize results, providing extensive aggregation and disaggregation by demographics and other critical student data
See Performance Series Sample Reports