- How It Works
- Additional Information
Sample Test Item
Test items appear in an easy-to-use window and can include text and images in both the question stem and answer choices.
View Test Scores
Test score reports reflect custom performance bands for at-a-glance results.
Robust item analysis measures identify the strength and success of your test items.
Item Detail reports break down student performance by individual test item.
Item Standards reports break down student performance by learning standards identified with test items. Performance bands provide at-a-glance color-coding.
Create custom performance bands with colors that correspond to grade ranges that provide immediate visual feedback on test results.
Scantron offers a comprehensive test management solution to provide you the immediate results needed to achieve these two key goals - and the flexibility to do it in a way that matches your specific district needs:
- Data-driven decision making and reporting at the administrator level to track and meet federal mandates
- Improved instruction at the teacher level to focus on individual student needs
Achievement Series® is a powerful web-based districtwide assessment solution that allows K-12 educators to develop and administer online and paper-based tests, capture immediate results, and produce standards-based reports. Used for all grade levels and subject areas, this district-wide solution gives administrators and teachers the data they need to monitor student progress and guide instruction.
Part of a Complete Assessment Solution
Scantron's complete assessment solution helps educators meet accountability requirements and raise the level of student achievement through a unique combination of standards-based districtwide assessment and computer-adaptive diagnostic testing.
Scantron's solution combines a research-based, content-rich computer adaptive test known as Performance Series® and a content-neutral, highly flexible testing product known as Achievement Series that educators use to develop and administer online and paper-based tests.
Features & Benefits
- Access data at any time from any computer with Internet access
- Use any items you want
- Use locally-created items from existing district benchmark tests
- Use Scantron® item banks
- Use the Common Core State Standards or Common Core Checks item banks or test banks to create assessments aligned to these common state standards
- Use item banks from Scantron's partners
- Use question banks and tests from ExamView® Test Generator by eInstruction®
- Use your expertise to align your items to state or Common Core standards
- Use Scantron's item bank and other commercial item banks, which have been correlated to state standards
- Report by standard to identify strengths & weaknesses in preparation for the state test
- Link from results to standards-based instructional resources
Multiple Delivery Methods
- "Develop once, deliver any way"
- Administer tests online
- Use traditional Scantron OMR scanners and forms to mirror high-stakes tests
- Use inexpensive off-the-shelf imaging scanners and plain paper forms
- Mix-and-match delivery methods and compare results across all
- Work together as a team within the district to create and review item banks and tests
- Share item banks with other Achievement Series districts to quickly build items
- Create items in the same item bank at the same time from different computers
- View reports as soon as test is submitted online or form is scanned
- Aggregate and disaggregate data by selected criteria
- Access standards-based reports for an individual student, class, school, district and more for state and federal reporting
- Identify student strengths and needs in order to inform classroom instruction
- Answer the "What's Next?" question
- Access netTrekker Search from standards-based reports to link to more than 300,000 educator-approved resources organized by readability level and aligned to each state's standards.
- Link from results to Skills Connection Online™ study guides for particular standards for follow-up instruction
- Use Skills Connection Online to create a paper-based test for additional practice
What's the Score: Tying assessment outcome to classroom instruction.
What's the Score?
Tying assessment outcome to classroom instruction
Educators know that student success improves when teachers receive timely assessment results and are empowered to use them to adjust instruction. Scantron's assessment solutions, Achievement Series and Performance Series, provide adaptive and fixed-form tests that provide a picture of the whole student. Results are connected to instructional resources teachers can use to create personalized instruction for individual students and learning groups.
This webinar delivers an overview of Scantron's comprehensive assessment solution, supported by powerful stories from our customers that illustrate how they are currently using the solution to improve student achievement.
Access webinar materials
Featured Item Bank: Common Core Checks
Scantron® Common Core Checks, containing item banks and assessments, are made up of thousands of items developed specifically to measure student knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for mathematics and English Language Arts. An in-house team of test developers with extensive and specific subject area experience (including classroom teaching) developed the Scantron® Common Core Checks.
For more than three decades, the education and commercial markets have trusted Scantron to deliver innovative testing and assessment and data collection technologies, backed by premier customer service and technical support.
"It helps teachers dramatically focus their efforts…the instruction the next day can be based on [reports from yesterday’s test]…"
Jason Anderson, Executive Director of Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment and Innovation, Frederick County Public Schools, MD
"Scantron has provided the tools needed to validate student learning and support teacher decisions to move students to the next Performance Level when they are ready."
Dr. Oliver Grenham, Chief Education Officer, Adams County School District 50
"Scantron delivered not only a superior product but also a superior system of delivery, support, flexibility, and technical assistance."
Sherrill Parris, Deputy State Superintendent Alabama State Department of Education