- ScanTools® Plus Link SDK
With ScanTools® Plus you determine how the data on a scan form—whether it's image data or traditional bubble responses—is read, edited, and prepared for output. Use Scantron® OMR or image scanners to import data into your own software—such as patient record and student information systems or even data-intensive spreadsheets. Scanned data can be imported into virtually any application, from large information systems to desktop applications like Microsoft® Excel®.
ScanTools Plus is menu-driven for easy scanner interface setup. Using point-and-click controls, you can quickly define the data collection areas on a standard or custom scan form and specify the format and location for the output file.
SCANTOOLS® PLUS FEATURES
- Capture both OMR data and image data on one pass through your Scantron image scanner
- Define unique edit criteria each time you scan
- Add constants to each record
- Set output file location and format for easy import into application software
- Score while you're scanning (if you're scanning an assessment form)
- Batch score by appending data to your original scan file
- Save your scan profile for reuse at a later date
ADDITIONAL FEATURES FOR IMAGE APPLICATIONS
- Capture full- and partial-page images in either bi-tone or grayscale for importing into other programs
- Switch between pencil and ink forms with a simple software selection
- Identify images areas on forms to "clip" and archive for later retrieval—ideal for capturing signatures, short answers, and "show your work areas" on tests
- Capture numeric handprint and machine print data from forms
- Display form images and correct data sheet-by-sheet as it is scanned
- Edit drop-out ink documents using template document overlays
- Control the light source for iNSIGHT scanners
SCANFLEX™: A FLEXIBLE OPTION FOR SCANNING PLAIN PAPER FORMS
ScanFlex™, an optional module available for ScanTools Plus software, enables iNSIGHT image scanners to scan forms you may have printed locally on plain paper. The ScanFlex option provides the flexibility needed to scan slight irregularities on the forms you print. The power behind ScanFlex is its flexibility—it finds and adjusts to timing marks and response positions so that data on forms can be located and recognized accurately.
We provide a full suite of consulting services for ScanTools Plus software, including custom application development and user exit programming for Microsoft Windows® operating systems. To get quotes for programming and consulting services, call 800.338.5544.
EMBED OMR OR IMAGE SCANNING INTO YOUR SOFTWARE
Seamlessly embed ScanTools Plus software into your application software using the 32-bit ScanTools Plus Link software development kit (SDK). With this COM (component object model) software development tool, your end users will never know you have launched ScanTools Plus to collect data.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Use the Application Designer to create detailed instructions for how form data should be scanned and collected.
Once you're ready to scan, the Scanning Application makes data collection and correction easy and straightforward for every level of user.