iNSIGHT 4ES OMR Scanner
Reliability You Need - From The Company You Trust
Trust the Scantron family of high precision data collection tools, with their proven OMR and image capture features, to meet your data management needs. The iNSIGHT® 4ES optical mark read (OMR) and image scanner is one of the most versatile and efficient desktop scanners available for automated data collection.
The scanner's powerful processor delivers fast document throughput and provides a complete solution with a variety of off-the-shelf and custom software packages.
The Power of Multiple Data Collection Capabilities
The iNSIGHT 4ES offers you all the robust capabilities of optical mark recognition (OMR) technology-plus a wealth of expanded functions through document imaging. The iNSIGHT 4ES scanner accurately scans an OMR form for written pencil and pen marks (such as bubbles, check marks, tick marks) and bar codes, giving you the most precise and effective data available.
This scanner also adds the power and flexibility of image capture. The iNSIGHT 4ES capture both images of full pages or image clips of text areas or text boxes, such as essay responses on a test or comment fields on a survey. This dynamic scanner can meet all your data collection needs today and in the future.
Accurate, Fast and Efficient
The iNSIGHT 4ES scanner is accurate, fast and efficient. It has a form throughput rate of up to 2,800 sheets-per-hour and a fixed, automatic feed hopper that holds 100 sheets and helps eliminate continual form reloading and constant operator attention.
Using continuous self diagnostics, the iNSIGHT 4ES alerts you when it detects conditions that may affect data accuracy. The scanner's sheet thickness detector helps ensure the scanner reads only one sheet at a time and the sheet-skew detection helps ensure proper registration while scanning.
The iNSIGHT 4ES is energy efficient and reduces power consumption when not in use. The iNSIGHT 4ES is ENERGY STAR certified.
Easy to Operate
The iNSIGHT 4ES scanner is easy to operate and reads both pencil and pen marks from an OMR form, giving you the most precise and effective data available. Messages are provided on a forty-character display to simplify operation. An open feed path provides sheet visibility at all times as well as easy access for sheet removal and transport cleaning. The scanner self-diagnostics quickly pinpoint any operating problems.
Software applications developed for the iNSIGHT 2/3/4/4U and ScanMark ES 2010, 2260, and 2800 scanners are plug-and-play compatible with the iNSIGHT 4ES scanner.
Providing multiple data collection capabilities
Combining OMR and image capture technology, iNSIGHT 4ES scanners:
- Read traditional OMR "bubble" marks.
- Capture image clips of text areas or text boxes, such as essay responses on a test or comment fields on a survey.
- Capture images of full pages.
- Capture and convert written information into digital information with ICR technology - such as name, address, and identification number.
- Read both pen and pencil forms.
- Read checkbox responses, X box responses, and bar codes.
Eliminate extra steps
The iNSIGHT 4ES is designed to lighten your workload, enabling you to:
- Readily share documents online with colleagues - such as tests to be graded by a group of teachers. This powerful feature eliminates the cumbersome task of photocopying, distributing, and collecting paper copies.
- Create electronic archives for a paperless "paper trail" - a convenient and reliable alternative to paper records that can degrade over time.
- Simplify the process for users in providing demographic information - with intelligent character recognition (ICR) technology that converts hand-print to electronic text.
- Programmable interactive printer(s) that print information on the sheet being scanned based on the scanned data. The printer(s) can print error codes, alphanumeric messages, serial numbers, validation flags, and test scores with no effect on the throughput rate.
- Bar code reader - reads bar codes in ladder format.
- SelfScore option allows operation without connection to a host computer with test scoring, survey, and ballot capabilities
- Select Stacker allows separate stacking of sheets based on criteria selected in your scanning software.
- Optional RealTime Character Recognition utilizing NestorReader™ software allows processing of machine and hand print data.
Testing and Training
- Tests and learning assessment
- Instructor, performance, and course evaluations
- Enrollment and tracking
- Student profiles, documentation, and forms
Research and Evaluation
- Survey and questionnaire data collection
- Product research
- Program evaluations
- Competitive data collection
- Enrollment and applications
- Payroll/time sheets
- Benefit enrollments
- Applicant tracking
- Employee change of status
- Employee surveys
- 360-Degree surveys
- Patient encounter forms
- Patient satisfaction surveys
- Medical histories and patient forms
- Patient, needs and risk assessments
- Nurse staffing reports
- Continuing education evaluations
- Pentium® processor: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) minimum
- System memory: 1 GB minimum
- Hard drive space: 40 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space
- Monitor at 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- CD-ROM drive (for installation)
- USB 2.0 connection— Image or OMR processing
If using a USB 2.0 Add-on card: Must use one of the following cards, with the driver provided by the card vendor:
Adaptec™— USB2connect™ 4000A, the driver depends on Windows system used
Windows XP— do not install the Adaptec driver; use the Microsoft driver v5.1.26 dated 6/1/02 (default USB driver). If the Adaptec USB driver is installed, remove it.
- F5U222 USB 2.0 PCMCIA adapter
- F5U219 USB 2.0 PCI adapter
- Link®—DUB-C2®—USB 2.0 Cardbus™ Adapter with driver v1.0 (not supported with Windows Vista)
- SIIG® JU-PCM222 - USB 2.0 PCI
- Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit Editions.
- Windows Vista® Business Edition or greater, 32-bit Edition only SP1 or greater
- Windows® XP Professional SP 3 or greater
- All Windows hot fixes for the service pack must be installed.