Alabama State DOE Supports State Educators with a Comprehensive Scantron Solution
The Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE) provides a comprehensive assessment solution to their districts and schools using Scantron’s Performance Series® computer-adaptive assessment and Achievement Series® fixed-form assessment systems:
- Computer-adaptive diagnostics that offer more breadth than just math and reading
- Formative and interim testing that supports a wide variety of subject matter
- Assessment system so educators can incorporate custom content
- Coverage for all grade levels, from Pre-K to 12th grade
- Flexible alignment to multiple educational standards documents
- High-quality reliable support for districts as they voluntarily adopt the provided solution
The Alabama State DOE has purchased Achievement Series and Performance Series as a voluntary assessment adoption program. The solution is free to its schools.
- Performance Series Usage Statistics (2016–2017 school year YTD)
- 99% of 137 districts have implemented
- Total Tests Administered: 1,495,578
- Unique Students Tested: 257,309
- Achievement Series Usage Statistics (2016–2017 school year YTD)
- More than 86% of 137 districts have implemented
- Total Tests Administered: 710,858
- Unique Students Tested: 96,719
Districts have a wide variety of Scantron-provided content options:
- Scantron’s CC Checks for short-form progress monitoring in the four core subjects (Math, Language Arts, Social Studies, Science).
- Scantron’s College & Career Readiness item banks and test banks for interim district assessments.
- Scantron’s Core Four and National item banks for classroom formative assessments.
- Custom-developed item banks directly support the Alabama Course of Study (their state standards)
In addition Scantron's Assessment Development group is working with ALSDE to develop formative and pre-certification career and technical education (CTE) exams.
Learn more about what Achievement Series and Performance Series can do for you as an Alabama educator!
Before we began using Scantron Analytics, analyzing school-wide student data was a process that took weeks. Now, with Scantron Analytics, we are able to complete the analysis in minutes.
Andy Caves, Principal, William L. Radney Elementary
"[This] is an excellent tool for our school! It helps us make data-driven decisions, which benefit all learners, regardless of performance level."
Amanda Davis, Curriculum Coach, Fort Payne Middle School
"By using Performance Series, we've gained back eight full days of instructional time—and we have the student score reports and instructional resources immediately…"
Dr. Carol Cary, Superintendent of Secondary Education, Archdiocese of Philadelphia
"With Scantron Analytics, we can look at our data from multiple perspectives as if through a camera lens. We can zoom in to analyze a particular student, or zoom out for a broader view of the class, school or district."
Chris Lindberg, Data, Research & Testing Manager, Bellevue School District, WA
"It helps teachers dramatically focus their efforts…the instruction the next day can be based on [reports from yesterday’s test]…"
Jason Anderson, Executive Director of Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment and Innovation, Frederick County Public Schools, MD
"We have used the Performance Series assessment for ten years at Valley Oak and we find it a very useful tool for identifying specific standards that have not yet been mastered."
Laura Fulmer, Director, Valley Oak Charter
“Performance Series questions went beyond grade-level standards. This…opened the curiosity door and allowed [students] to search the depths of their knowledge.”
Meighan Lewis, Teacher, Munford High School
"Scantron has provided the tools needed to validate student learning and support teacher decisions to move students to the next Performance Level when they are ready."
Dr. Oliver Grenham, Chief Education Officer, Adams County School District 50
"Scantron delivered not only a superior product but also a superior system of delivery, support, flexibility, and technical assistance."
Sherrill Parris, Deputy State Superintendent Alabama State Department of Education
"Performance Series and Achievement Series' analysis tools and reports enable teachers to use their assessment results to effectively drive instruction."
Steve Robinson, Vice –Principal Liberty High School (Literacy First Charter School)